AWMS ROCKS THE FALL CANTEEN By Sylvia R.
Hello, Anthony Wayne Middle School, 6th grade students. I am here to help you get ready for your first fall canteen at AWMS on October 26, 2012. There are many of you out there that are saying, "I’m going to wear my costume", "I’m going to look pretty," or "I’m going to just have fun with my friends." Well, that’s just it-- you never went to an AWMS canteen before, so you don’t know what to expect. I am a 7th grader so I have been to 3 canteens at AWMS. They are really fun because you get to hang with friends, dance and more, but there are a few things you should know...
1. It will get hot at some point during the canteen so you can wear your costume but I suggest you don’t wear the entire outfit because then it gets a little hot and heavy.
2. There are pictures and I know you want to remember the day you went to your first canteen at AWMS, so there will be a really long line. Just remember go have fun first then when the line gets a little short go on line and take your photo.
3. Canteens are an amusement park when you get to the gym because there are inflatables and people running everywhere, so keep your eyes out for someone running because you don’t want to fall.
4. In the cafeteria, there is the dance floor where everyone loves to move around a lot and there are so many people that it will get a little crowded. Be prepared.
5. And last but not least there are airbrush tattoos and that is the longest line in the entire school because there are so many cool designs, but you might want to wait 15 minutes because then the line gets shorter.
Well, that is all you need to know. So I want you to go to the ANTHONY WAYNE MIDDLE SCHOOL FALL CANTEEN and just hang with friends and have fun!